Friday, August 22, 2014

GRRRR


Well, since I spent way too much time trying to get my page a little bit more gussied up, AND I accidentally just deleted an entire damn post I had been working on for about an hour and a half, I neglected to do my main task of the evening.....   I needed to make some dishwasher detergent.  so I'm gonna keep this short because now I'm freaking pissed off and just want to eat some Little Debbie's on the couch with my Munch, my angel baby, Layla. 



I  found a recipe for homemade dishwasher detergent, so I ran out and bought all of the ingredients.  Well, the few I didn't already have in my cabinet.  I really hate using all these toxic chemical cleaners in my house.  so I've been learning to switch everything over in the last almost 2 years.  I mainly use vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and rubbing alcohol.  Not only is it SOOOOOO much cheaper, but it's much healthier and much more environmentally friendly.  And one more thing.... it cleans a MILLION times better than any product that I have EVER purchased!!!!  With no headaches or coughing attacks from the harsh fumes.  But this recipe called for borax.  For some reason I've always been scared to even buy it, let alone use it.  (Like it was somehow more toxic than say... Lysol Kitchen spray.)  But I finally broke down and bought it.  So all in all, I spent less money on every ingredient in the recipe combined than what the small store brand box of pre-made detergent costs.  Oh and did I mention that this recipe will make at least TEN TIMES MORE than the pre-made?!!???  Sounds like a big win for Mommie all the way around.  I'll letcha know how it turns out tomorrow and give ya the recipe.  LOVE TO YOU ALL,   ADIOS!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemmie know what's on your mind.